The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology has its own instrument shop located in McGuire Hall Annex under the direction of Edward Dimen whose background is in biological sciences, laboratory research, electronics, instrumentation and fabrication with various materials.
The laboratory instrument maker provides the following services:
- Instrument troubleshooting and repair, not including CPUs, refrigeration or high-voltage devices
- Installation and setup of lab equipment requiring assembly, calibration, utility (water, power) installation or modification of walls, etc.
- Fabrication of equipment that is not commercially available or modification of pre-existing equipment
- Design and fabrication of unique devices
- Consultation on any of the above
When requesting services, please use the email work order form. Please include your budget code in the written body of the request. Diagrams, pictures and reprints are welcome.