Krista L. Scoggins, D.V.M.
- Augustana College, Rock Island, IL – B.A. Biology, 1985
- University of Illinois, College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana-Champaign, IL – D.V.M., 1989
- Exploring opioid analgesia including the development of tolerance and dependence using classical behavioral procedures in rodents.
- Screening and evaluating potential drug therapies in rodent models to address opioid dependence.
- Employing transgenic mice and ex vivo methodologies to elucidate the complexities of opioid pain pathways.
- Development and Maintenance of Animal Use Protocols for Investigators within the Department
- Guidance and participation during Post-Approval Monitoring meetings
- Guidance for veterinary observations of survival surgeries and USDA Pain Category E procedures
Rodent Handling Classes
- Training in Injection/Anesthesia/Euthanasia in Mice
- Introduction to Asepsis and Basic Surgical Techniques in Animal Surgery